Join us for Online Industry Sessions. See below for calendar of session topics.
2021 Online Industry Session Calendar
Pre-Opening Best Practices for Ski Area Accommodators
When: November 10, 2021
Time: 1pm PDT
Ahead of the upcoming ski season, the BC Hotel Association (BCHA), go2HR, and Canada West Ski Area Association (CWSAA) have partnered to bring a pre-ski season information session, delivering tools and resources to better support ski area accommodators. With evolving protocols and limited access to workers, this webinar is aimed at offering tips for training and onboarding, safety, and the latest in best practices for reopening.
Covered in this session:
– Welcoming guests back to your resorts | navigating the latest service standards and protocols
– Training support from pre-onboarding to first 30 days
– How to do more with less | focusing on upskilling your anchor employees
– Tips & best practices on how training supports employee retention
Click HERE to register.
Video Recordings of the following completed sessions can be found in the Member’s Only area of the website:
- Sept 16, 2021: Generating Leadership Buy-In for Mental Health in the Workplace
- Sept 1, 2021: Canadian Ski Council Research Results & 2021 Strategic Plan
- July 14, 2021: Small Areas Grant Writing
- June 15th, 2021: COVID-19 Vaccines & the Workplace
- March 3, 2021: Bike Park Forum
- February 4, 2021: Nordic Roundtable Discussion
- January 28, 2021: Mid-Season Temperature Check-In with Small Areas
- January 13, 2021: Workplace Challenges during COVID-19
- December 9, 2020: Crisis Communications Planning & Response for Ski Areas
- December 2, 2020: What we’ve learned from Opening for winter operations
- November 25, 2020: Small Areas Open Forum
- November 18, 2020: Building a Safety Business Plan
- October 14, 2020: Changes to Rental Shops this winter season
- October 7, 2020 pm: Snow sports Huddle 2
- October 7, 2020 am: Small Areas COVID roundtable
- September 30, 2020: National initiatives, CSC presentation
- September 23, 2020: Cluster Montagne Talks – Canada
- September 16, 2020: Southern Hemisphere: what we have learned from opening up winter operations
- September 9, 2020: Snowsports school huddle
- September 2, 2020: Return to Sport
- August 26, 2020: Face Coverings discussion
- July 15, 2020: We’re Open
- June 24, 2020: Load testing
- June 17, 2020: Staff Training
- June 10, 2020: Guest Communication
- June 5, 2020: Bike Parks
- June 3, 2020: Summer Adventure Products
- May 27, 2020: Hazard Assessment –
- May 20, 2020: Food & Beverage Best Practices amid COVID
- May 13, 2020: Summer Operations during COVID
- May 6, 2020: Lift maintenance during COVID
To attend a session:
- The Online sessions are intended for CWSAA members only.
- You must register for each session you’d like to attend.
- Click the register here link for the session you would like to register for.
- Complete the registration form – tell us who you are!
- You will be sent a meeting link once your registration has been approved from Zoom. Please remember to save in your calendar for easy access to session.
For the latest industry updates, check out the CWSAA Newsletters.