On Wednesday August 19, 2020, CWSAA held its Annual General Meeting virtually. Over 75 individuals participated.
CWSAA is excited to welcome four new Directors elected to the CWSAA Board during Wednesday’s meeting:
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba (ASM) Division Director Kim Jones, WinSport
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba (ASM) Division Director Penny Lindballe, Valley Ski Club
- BC-Yukon Division Director Hildur Sinclair, Troll Resort
- Associate Director Dorothy Gould, Rigging Specialties & Rocky Mountain Lift Services
These four women (photos below) are all exceptional leaders in the ski industry and bring a diverse set of proven skills and experience to the 12-person Board.
Andy Cohen of Fernie Alpine Resort was elected as the new CWSAA Board Chair, and Andre Quenneville (Mount Norquay), who has served as the CWSAA Board Chair for the past two years, moves into the role of Past Chair. Doug MacFarlane (Whistler Blackcomb) moves into the role of BC-Yukon Division Chair. Click Here for a full list of CWSAA Director’s.
Outgoing Chair, Andre Quenneville was recognized during the Board Meeting for the many accomplishments during his tenure. Andre guided the organization during the unprecedented times of COVID, including chairing the first virtual CWSAA Board meetings and AGM. He has been an amazing champion for all ski areas and placed special focus on attending the ASM, BCY, and Saskatchewan Ski Area Association meetings in order to support community ski areas across the west. As an avid skier, Andre is likely the fastest Chair we have ever had.
CWSAA would like to sincerely thank the four exiting Board Members for their service during their tenure on the Board:
- Steve Paccagnan (Panorama Mountain Resort) has served on the Board since 2008, including two terms as Chair, and most recently as Past Chair.
- Shawn Balog (Snow Valley) served two terms on the Board, as an ASM Division Director.
- Lawrence Blouin (Table Mountain) served three terms on the Board as an ASM Division Director, and previously served from 2001-13 as the Saskatchewan Division Director and continues in his leadership role as Chair for SSAOA.
- Debbie Muirhead (Inter-Mtn Enterprises) most recently served two terms as Associate Director, as well as from 2006-10.
These four individuals have provided tremendous leadership during their time on the Board and have become industry mentors. Their expertise and skill sets will continue to be called upon to guide the industry in the years to come.
CWSAA’s New Board Members: