Each spring, by way of survey, CWSAA reaches out the membership to find out how we can best serve the membership and current areas of priority. Given the unprecedented global situation, additional focus was added related to COVID-19. This year, 69 members participated in the survey.
- Members continue to report an increase in how familiar they are with CWSAA’s services – average score of 4.4 out of 5
- Satisfaction with CWSAA also continues to rise – average score 4.6 out of 5.
CWSAA’s Strategic Objectives direct the organization’s priorities. When asked to prioritize the four directives, the membership continues to rank Safety & Risk Management ontop, and Government Advocacy saw a significant increase in priority ranking (over past years surveys).
- Safety & Risk Management: 3.4/4
- Sustainable Market Growth: 2.4/4
- Government Advocacy: 2.3/4
- People & Talent Development: 1.8/4
When asked about the biggest concerns, given the current COVID restrictions, the following were the top 5 (starting from the highest concern):
- Further COVID related restrictions will not allow the ski area to operate
- Financial viability
- Worker safety protocols
- Reduced visitation levels (eg less tourism)
- Capacity restrictions
CWSAA Members identified the following as the most significant ways to serve the industry during these times:
- Best practices for ski areas operating under COVID (continue developing protocols and getting regulator support)
- Extension to federal wage subsidy
- Industry Education and communication (Online Industry Sessions, newsletters etc)
- Grants – submit industry grant applications, and source opportunities for individual ski area grants.
- Advocate and support School visit programs
The survey responses were collected between June 25 and July 6, 2020. Please note, that COVID related responses were based on priorities at that time, and CWSAA activity continues to evolve with member needs.
Thank you to everyone that completed this survey. CWSAA is always here to serve the membership. Please contact us anytime to discuss any challenges you are currently experiencing and how we can assist.