To support the interests of our members, and the Western Canadian ski industry generally, by:
- Striving to protect and advance the economic and social interests of our members;
- Maintaining strong and effective working relationships between ski area operators, industry suppliers and all levels of government;
- Providing leadership with respect to the creation and execution of marketing programs that will drive growth in skier visits and revenue for Western Canadian ski areas;
- Fostering the highest standards in operating procedures, education and safety;
- Maintaining and promoting the proper utilization of resources, as stewards of the land, to meet the requirements of all Environmental Acts and the general public;
- Helping our members provide the best possible mountain recreation experiences in the world.
Objectives and Goals
- Participation in Snow sports: To foster, stimulate and promote participation in skiing, boarding and other recreational activities provided by our members.
- Marketing: To drive growth in skier visits and ski area revenues via industry-level marketing initiatives, including joint industry / government initiatives.
- Government Relations: To protect and advance the interests of ski areas in Western Canada, particularly with respect to federal & provincial laws, regulations & policy.
- Media / Public Relations: To represent our membership, when & where appropriate, with respect to communications with the media, public and interest groups.
- Safety: To promote & support stringent safety standards at ski areas and other commercial passenger aerial tramways in Western Canada. To develop & promote training & education programs that support safe ski area operations.
- Risk Management: To protect the legal interests of our members through prudent risk management policies, procedures & processes.
- Environment: To participate in environmental & sustainability initiatives related to our industry.
- Research & Analysis: To undertake research and analysis, as required, to serve the interests of our members.
- Communications: To communicate information to our membership that enhances their knowledge of the industry and improves their potential for commercial success.
- Conferences & Trade Shows: To organize & promote conferences & trade shows in order to educate our members, facilitate sharing of best practices and strengthen industry relationships.
- Membership: To promote membership in Canada West Ski Areas Association in order to maintain & enhance the viability and effectiveness of the association.
- Relations with Other Associations: To enter into mutually beneficial agreements and partnerships with associations that share common interests with our association.