The Canada West Ski Areas Association 50th Annual Spring Conference was the largest yet – full of great social and networking events, and tons of workshops, courses and conference sessions.
There were so many people that helped make this conference possible.
We are very grateful to all the sponsors that supported the conference, as well as those that donated to and purchased from the Small Areas Auction.
This year 53 sessions & courses were offered over three days! Thank you to all the speakers, committee members and other volunteers who helped make it happen.
See you in Whistler next Spring!
Mark your calendars, the next conference dates are:
- April 24-26, 2019 – Fairmont Whistler
- April 28-30, 2020 – Fairmont Whistler
Highlights of the Conference
2018 CWSAA Awards
- Fred Bosinger: recognized posthumously with the 2018 Jimmie Spencer Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Darcy Alexander (General Manager, Sun Peaks Resort LLP): recipient of the 2018 Jim Marshall Leadership Award.
- Christian Theberge (General Manager, Shames / My Mountain Coop): 2018 recipient of the Lars Fossberg Excellence Award.
For more on the 2018 Awards recipients, check out the Canada West Way.
2018/19 Board of Directors
Thank you to the members of the volunteer CWSAA Board of Directors. Take a look at all positions and members on the Board webpage.
During this year’s AGM the following changes were approved by the membership:
- Andre Quenneville replaces Steve Paccagnan as Board Chair. Steve will fill the non-voting position of Past-Chair.
- Kim Locke joins the Board as an ASM Director.
- Jason Paterson moves into the role of ASM Chair.
More fun times
We’re all about serving our members
Thank you to everyone for sharing this week with us. We love getting to know all our members during the conference, and look forward to serving you throughout the year!
Special acknowledgements to Penny for volunteering her time to help out the conference team, and Kelly for working with us for the past six years to ensure the conference runs smoothly.
– Sincerely: Bruno, Dawn, Christopher & Cynthia
Small Areas Donors
Thank you to all those who donated prizes for the 2018 auction raising over $6,000 for the Small Areas Assistance Fund:
Alpine Canada Alpin
Mearl’s Machine Works
Pacific Coastal Airlines
Panorama Mountain Resort
PistenBully / Oakcreek
Sun Peaks Resort
Vista Ridge / Snow Fun
Thank you to the Small Areas Auction Committee:
- Kevin Grogan
- Penny Vincett
- Jim Barr
- Hildur Sinclair
A special thank you to the following members for their financial donations to support the following:
Small Areas Support:
- Whistler Blackcomb
- Farris, Vaughan, Wills, & Murphy LLP
- SilverStar Mountain Resort
- Rabbit Hill Snow Resort
Ski Industry Pioneer:
- Mearl’s Machinery
- Tiburon Lockers
- Mueller Lifts
- Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors