Academy Coach: Skiing - Big Mountain
Reporting to the Snow School Director, the academy coach is specifically responsible for the delivery of the training plan set forth for the Livingstone Ski Academy (LSA). The LSA is an innovative school program that blends personalized education with on mountain professional race, free style and Big Mountain coaching. Preference will be given to local candidates.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
- At minimum CSIA Level 1 and IFSA L100 (online course), Level 2 CSIA preferred
- Preferred CFSA or CSIA park and pipe
- Air 1,2 3 and 4. are considered an asset
- Experience in an alpine resort similar to Castle Mountain
- Avalanche training required
- Experience working with Learn to Ski and Train to Train Athletes in a non competitive setting.
- Expert off piste skiing skills consistent with Castle Mountain Terrain
- Understanding and delivering the training plan based on a rotational schedule.
- Completing progress reports on each athlete and reviewing progress with other program staff as required.
- Continually Improving own technical skills to better serve the client
- Update Fresh-grade system weekly with video, objectives and assessments.
- Proficient with video equipment, cell phone and computers.
- Act as a guide and ambassador to the Castle Mountain Experience
Start and End Dates:
Early December to early April