JOB DESCRIPTION: Accountant
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort is a community focused ski resort located 20km west of Smithers in beautiful Northern British Columbia. In operation since 1969 Hudson Bay Mountain Resort offers over 300 acres of skiable terrain and over 500 meters of lift accessed vertical, offering a wide variety of terrain, for beginners, novice and advanced skiers and snowboarders. Hudson Bay Mountain is expanding into summer operations focused on lift-accessed mountain biking, starting summer 2022.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for the ski industry to join our team in the role of Accountant. The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, be comfortable working as part of a team or individually, be self-motivated, outgoing and personable. The selected candidate will work out of our downtown office at 1181 Main Street.
- Preparing trial balances, monthly financial statements
- Assist in budget preparation and development
- Preparing and processing PST, GST and payroll withholdings filings
- Reconciling accounts
- Calculate and prepare payroll cheques
- Preparing and issuing vendor invoices
- Entering supplier invoices and preparing payment cheques
- Posting journal entries
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Record cash receipts and prepare bank deposits
- Education: Diploma or degree in Accounting
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Simply Accounting, and Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical skills and dependable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.