The Accounting Coordinator reporting directly into the Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for Accounts Receivable for Panorama Mountain Resort and all related companies.
In addition to those duties, they will take ownership of the Rental Pool process and assist in ensuring that the General Ledger is accurate and up to date.
This multi-faceted role comes along with opportunities to develop and improve upon your current Accounting knowledge and to further develop; Financial Reporting, Analysis and supervisory skills as the role progresses.
- Accounts Receivable
- Generate and process weekly and monthly billings and apply payments in a timely and accurate manner using Springer Miller (SMS) and Sage 300
- Billing and collecting payment for; Lift, Activity, Expedia, Jonview, Strata contracts, internal contracts, among others.
- Helping to implement and setup new Accounts Receivable processes for any new ventures or opportunities in co-operation with Sales/Guest Services/Marketing
- Ensuring timely and accurate deposits are made to the bank to aid cashflow and ensuring reporting is correct.
- Monitoring the collection status of recoverable invoices and posting/handling adjustment issues as necessary
- Working internally with; Racing & Events, Marketing, and other departments to ensure aged receivables are rectified.
- Prepare any year end reconciliations for all relevant AR GL accounts and be prepared to answer questions as part of the year end audit.
- Maintain owner records, prepare invoices, and collect payments for the Village Amenities Billing process
- Help to develop a more technologically sound process that will make invoicing and payment collection more efficient for all involved.
- Owner Rental Pool Accounting
- Reconcile monthly owner statements, report payments to owners, generate NR4s and ensure payments are processed through our banking portal.
- Troubleshoot any issues in the monthly pooling and co-ordinate with: Front Desk, Night Audit, Owner Relations, SMS support team.
- Develop ways to utilize technology to improve the process, drive efficiencies and ultimately make the reconciliation, reporting and payment of rental pool payments more efficient for all stakeholders.
- Answer inquiries from owners regarding payment information and any other issues.
- General Ledger and other Finance tasks
- Prepare and analyze the monthly Panorama bank reconciliation for the CAD and USD accounts
- For any items where adjustments are necessary, record and post the adjustments in Sage 300.
- Monitor the bank statements for wire transfers and various other payments or receivables and ensure these are accurately represented in the GL.
- Liaise with other Panorama departments on any Finance related queries when needed.
- Assist in the year end process and preparing working papers.
- Prepare and post adhoc and repeating GL postings.
- Find ways to improve all internal processes so that the most efficient way of doing things can be found – help to drive change.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Accounting Manager or CFO
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- High School Degree with preference for applicants with some college accounting or bookkeeping courses
- Desire to pursue future accreditation is a positive
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience
- Customer experience and a professional telephone manner
- Fundamental understanding of accounting in theory and practice, with a particular focus on AR
- Experience with Sage 300 or other Accounting software is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with an interest to develop skills to improve processes.
- A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with high volumes, changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and communicate effectively.
- A positive and proactive attitude and predisposition to problem solving.
- Be resourceful, self-motivated, with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate the ability of discretion and confidentiality.
- Accurate data entry skills are essential.
- Confidence and ability to make professional collection and follow up calls.