Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Director of Resort Administration
Closing date for applications: HIRING NOW
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full time year round position of Accounting Manager, at Fernie Alpine Resort. A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a good knowledge of accounting principles. The ideal candidate also has staff management experience, strong attention to detail and can build excellent relationships across the organization. Come join our staff team and Experience the Ultimate.
- To ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Management of and responsible for the day to day activities of all accounting department including - Cash Audit, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Manage the cash and treasury function for the resort and associated businesses
- Facilitate and produce regular reports, and assist in the annual planning process
- Oversee AFE (project/capital expenditure) process including variance reporting and annual binder
- Ensure timely reporting of daily and monthly revenue reports to internal users and management
- Be the point-person for the Head Office Accounting team
- Assist Senior Management Team with gathering and use of accounting information
- Ensure "Best Accounting Practices" is employed in all departments, and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Lead the Occupational Health & Safety Program for the Accounting Dept
- Other related duties as required for smooth running of the department
- Know and enforce the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and manage all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and manage with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Accounting qualification or relevant experience is required
- Supervisory experience in an accounting environment is desirable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including a good working knowledge of Excel, Word, ACCPAC, Outlook.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
This is a full time year round salaried position with benefits following successful completion of 3-month probation period. Flexible working arrangement with weekend and overtime likely during the busy Winter season. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. If you are interested in this experience, please email your resume with cover letter ASAP to:
Director of Resort Administration
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.