Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is seeking a hardworking and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of Accounting Supervisor.
This accounting position is responsible for supervising a broad range of duties within the Finance department. The Accounting Supervisor works closely with the Controller to manager the flow of financial information and assists in the preparation of Financial Reports.
A good knowledge of GAP and display good judgement in financial and interpersonal issues.
A commitment to accuracy and timely completion of tasks is an important part of this position.
Our resort is located in Blue River, BC, a small community, approx. 3 hours north of Kamloops. Best in the world powder skiing in the winter and many other outdoor activities available year-round. The work environment is fast paced and provides a well-rounded experience of the annual accounting cycle.
Function & Tasks:
• Supervise Accounts Payable, Revenue Audit and Payroll processing.
• Perform month-end reconciliations and journal entries
• Prepare and remit monthly tax returns.
• Assist with year- end reconciliations and journal entries.
• Create and/or update various weekly and monthly spreadsheets, such as forecasting spreadsheets and budget spreadsheets.
Experience in an accounting position is preferred
2 year Accounting Technician Diploma or BA in with an accounting major
Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently and with precision
Good computer skills, and strong EXCEL skills required, experience using Accounting Software an asset.
High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic and challenging work environment.