Reports to: General Manager
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort is a community focused ski resort located 20km west of Smithers in beautiful Northern British Columbia. In operation since 1969 Hudson Bay Mountain Resort offers over 300 acres of skiable terrain and over 500 meters of lift accessed vertical, offering a wide variety of terrain, for beginners, novice and advanced skiers and snowboarders.
The Administrative/HR Assistant handles a variety of administrative tasks including front office reception, Human Resources support, on mountain support during operational season and product sales.
- Front office reception to greet and assist visitors and customers; answering the phone and taking messages; selling HBMR products; doing cash-outs and balancing cost reports.
- Liaison between departments to keep communication lines open.
- Act as "Base 2" and a support for Guest Services on the mountain.
- Execute specific projects as assigned.
- Troubleshooting office systems as required.
- Maintains and updates the Office Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Cleaning office including garbage and recycling.
- Liaises between management team and H/R department.
- Maintains personnel files and handles related administration such as performance reviews and offers/employees agreements.
- Carries out other related duties as required.
- Education: Diploma or degree in administration, marketing, outdoor recreation or related field is an asset.
- Experience: At least 1 year in a related function, preferably at ski resorts
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of print and electronic communication
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
- Good written communication skills.
- Team oriented