The position of apprentice millwright is a job with a significant amount of responsibility attached. Lift mechanics install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot lift equipment, snow cats and snowmaking equipment. They also read diagrams and manufacturers’ manuals, fit bearings, rebuild sheave trains, service grips and perform other mechanical procedures requiring specialized training. They work at great heights, in all weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
May also be required to assist with other misc. hill repairs including but not limited to, RV park water line repairs, small carpentry jobs and minor building maintenance.
- To perform all duties assigned by Maintenance or Operations Manager
- Ensure all lifts are maintained to CSA Z-98 code and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- Report and rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Keep a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Use courtesy and respect when dealing with management, staff, co-workers, and guests always.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Millwright or apprentice with ski industry experience
- Good communications skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work at excessive heights.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to operate snowmobiles, ATVs and 4x4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Operators’ certificates for associated industrial equipment an asset.
- Good working knowledge of current WCB regulations