Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Food and Beverage Manager
The Assistant Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing the Castle Mountain Resort Food and Beverage department, to facilitate the delivery of high-quality food and beverages and exceptional customer service. There are three outlets at the resort that include the Day lodge, and the T-Bar Pub & Grub.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
- Team Work and Communication
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Foster a positive environment within the F&B department for both guests and staff.
- Lead the F&B department in alignment with Castle Mountain Resort’s Core Values.
- Manage the administration of the Food and Beverage department
- Ensure a high standard of food and beverage quality and excellent customer service
- Manage Food and Beverage staff - includes hiring, scheduling, organizing, training, directing, and evaluating work performance.
- Manage and oversee the food and beverage budget and financial results
- Ensure accurate completion of monthly inventory for food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure adequate supplies of all necessary supplies and equipment.
- Manage janitorial staff and coordinates cleaning of resort owned buildings.
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with safety regulations, such as local fire codes, COVID regulations, and other laws.
- Stays abreast of current trends and developments in Food and Beverage industry.
- Is an active member of the Castle Mountain Resort leadership team.
- Take a leading role in designing and implementing standards and procedures, with particular focus on COVID.
- Enforces food safety, health and safety and all Castle Mountain Resort policies and procedures.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, subordinates, and other external contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to function independently and under pressure and ability to manage various projects at the same time.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, inventory control, and POS systems.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a Food and Beverage facility.
- Proserve certificate
- Serving It Right – Licensee and Food Safe training an asset.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Knowledge of all applicable regulations.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Weekend, Evening and Overtime as required.
- This is a seasonal position Oct-Apr.
- This is a remote location. Own vehicle and comfortable with winter driving is required.
- Castle Mountain Resort, Hwy 774, MD of Pincher Creek, Alberta
Please submit a cover letter and resume at skicastle.ca/employment