Manning Park Resort is looking for a dynamic and creative thinking Assistant General Manager (AGM) to assist in leading and developing our team to its fullest. This individual will have a critical eye and be involved in helping set the course for our growing, year-round business. If you are interested in leaving your mark on this diverse organization as we move into the next phase of our growth, then this is an exciting opportunity not to be missed.
Reporting to the General Manager, the AGM is an individual willing to get into the trenches when necessary to meet our guests needs and lead by example. The AGM will work alongside all Resort Managers (Accommodations, Food and Beverage, Alpine, Nordic, Retail, Accounting, Human Resources, BC Park Operations, Group Sales, and seasonal departments). Depending on their area(s) of expertise, the AGM will be more intimately involved with specific business operations. They will also have the opportunity to interact with BC Park’s government liaisons to achieve business goals and identify further growth opportunities and efficiencies. Our AGM will also have the opportunity to enjoy the numerous recreational activities available in the area surrounding Manning Park Resort.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with a strong business acumen and fundamental knowledge of the outdoor recreation and hospitality sectors within the tourism industry
- Experience in ski area management and/or BC Park’s contract operations is beneficial
- Proven ability in developing and adhering to budgets
- Successful management of contracts and/or permits
- Experience in completing and complying with reporting procedures with government agencies
- Minimum of five years management experience, preferably in a tourism or guest service setting along with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to cultivate strong and effective working relationships with local businesses and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A diploma or degree in Tourism & Hospitality, Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education is an asset
This position, in addition to a competitive salary, will include on-site accommodation, company benefits and use of a company vehicle for work purposes. For further information regarding Manning Park Resort please visit our website at www.manningpark.com to see if this opportunity suits your lifestyle and career goals.
Manning Park Resort is a 4-season, full-service family resort, located approximately 45 minutes east of Hope, BC. Located in iconic E.C. Manning Provincial Park, we offer downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, camping, watersports, fishing, over 300km of hiking trails, mountain biking and much more.