This position will assist the Manager of Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort with planning, organizing and controlling the operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direction, planning and technical training required for the successful operation of Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort.
- Coordinate information to direct the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, furnaces, compressors, plumbing fixtures and electrical and mechanical system.
- Implement procedures and activities for safety inspections and preventative maintenance programs. Create and maintain risk management and emergency programs and take reasonable precautions to minimize liability situations.
- Regularly review reports and statistics on maintenance, production and quality control. Assist in setting up new methods and procedures intended to improve operations, decrease operating costs and make efficient use of labour and materials.
- Assist in operations budgeting, maintain records of costs and payments to suppliers and control inventory. Assist with long range planning and the development of a long term capital plan.
- Maintain both the building security systems and key inventory.
- Plan and direct snow making, grooming and maintenance.
- Coordinate snow removal and landscape activities.
- Achieve effective time management.
- Ensure the quality of the facility and services conform to the goals and mission of Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort as well as the M.D. of Bonnyville.
- Oversee training and monitor performance.
- Ensure adequate supervision during public operating hours.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of the manager as directed.
- Schedule and complete off season maintenance that meet the requirements for safety, aesthetics and functionality.
- Remain current with advances made within the operational industry standards
- Help design, monitor and maintain terrain parks to support a fun and safe environment.
- Maintain safety and emergency programs and take reasonable precautions to minimize injury or risk.
- Demonstrate a positive corporate image, supporting the values of both Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort and the MD.
- When an employee is acting in a supervisory role, he or she must ensure, as far as it is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all workers on the worksite. In addition, he or she must also ensure that all workers are competent and aware of their responsibilities under the OH & S Act.
- Every employee shall, while on the job, take reasonable care to protect the health and welfare of themselves and other workers, and cooperate with the employer in protecting the health and safety of all employees and contractors present on the worksite, as stated in the OH & S Act.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License in good standing and the license held must be valid for the classification of the motor vehicle required to operate.
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract if required.
- Must have prior experience in the ski industry within the capacity of operations.
- Completion of a college or university program in management, facility operation and maintenance, or an equivalent of technical training and experience.
- Must have mechanical and technical experience while working with ski lifts.
- A strong electrical background in microprocessors will be considered an asset.
- A strong commitment to a team environment.
- Prior experience managing a ski resort would be considered an asset.
- A mechanics or millwright ticket would be considered an asset.
- Possess stamina, flexibility and self-discipline.
- Experience in the planning and operations of efficient snow making systems.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to remain composed when faced with unexpected problems and stressful situations.
- Able to work in a fast paced consumer driven environment, while demonstrating sound decision making.
- The length of a working day may vary.
- Will be required to work weekends, weeknights and holidays.
- Some business travel may be required.
- Work is subject to extreme and changing weather conditions.
- May push, pull or lift items weighing up to 75 pounds occasionally, and carry items up to 50 pounds frequently.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package.