Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Mountain Operations Manager, the Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager with the overall operation of all Mountain Operations Departments as well as taking responsibility for managing specific areas within the Department. The position will also further support the smooth operation of the department by overseeing evening operations at the resort by working some later evening shifts when the resort is in full operation.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s Strategic Framework.
- To manage a portfolio of departments within the Mountain Operations Department while providing support to the Operations Manager with the running of the other departments.
- To assist with hiring, training and development of employees within the Operations and Faciilties Departments as well as evaluating the work performance of employees and supervisors within that group.
- Correspond/liaise with government agencies as required (i.e. BC Parks, Ministry of Environment, Land and Parks, WCB, etc.)
- Assist and oversee outside contractors for both regular and emergency repairs and ensure that energy resources are available and properly utilized.
- Coordinate and monitor projects as required by the business.
- Help manage the CMMS Fiix.
- Assist with onboarding of year-round staff.
- Act as the resort Duty Manager on some evening shifts while the resort is operational and in doing so help to establish an Evening Duty Manager Program which will include a team of trained Mt Seymour Managers to share this role.
- Manage inventories as they relate to the Operations and Facilities Departments.
- Source and purchase required equipment and tools.
- Monitor and enforce cost controls in regard to departmental projects and functions.
- Be aware of and monitor records within specified areas of responsibility.
- Identify, propose and research projects as required by Mt Seymour.
- Provide resources to other departments when required.
- Liaise with other department managers to ensure their successful operation through support from building maintenance, grooming, snow removal, risk management, etc.
- Provide all department managers and staff with information including updates throughout the season.
- Ensure the adherence to health and safety regulations when self and staff are performing tasks.
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts.
- Assist with the development of and adherence to the Operations and Facilities Departmental budgets.
- Other related duties as required.
- Business or Operations Management degree or diploma, combined with 3 to 5 years management experience within the ski industry.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- A strong knowledge of the practice of Risk Management.
- Knowledge of maintenance record keeping systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with staff and guests and encourage repeat business.
- Strong organizational skills to provide timely and high quality service to other Mt Seymour departments and guests
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in budget development.
- Strong supervision and leadership skills to delegate duties and motivate staff.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
- Full Time, year round management position
- Salary and 50% of employee benefits.
- Family Season’s Passes
- RRSP contribution
- Uniform & Tool Allowance