Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop, and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
You thrive in a customer service environment in which you have the opportunity to build rapport with customers of all ages. You are fun loving, energetic, and passionate about people and the sports that thrive at WinSport.
As a Bike Technician, you will be reporting to the Team Lead, Guest Services. You will provide service and maintenance on WinSport’s rental bike fleet and customers’ equipment as well as assisting with aspects of the Rental process.
- Direct service delivery to all customers of the Rental Shop, including tech work on customer equipment, regular tech work, and maintenance of the rental fleet, and sales of retail products
- Assist all customers, including other staff, in a polite friendly manner consistent with WinSport policies and mandate
- Support the Guest Experience team by sharing knowledge and experience with team members and guests to the facility
- Follow all Rental Shop and WinSport procedures for sales, administration, safety and maintenance logs, and cash handling
- The ability to assemble fully disassembled bikes, to rebuild and fix all aspects of the hydraulic brake systems and to have knowledge of fork rebuilding
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and fix any drive train problems
- Be required to build and repair wheels
- Assist in training level entry technicians
- Support the Rental Shop in daily guest rentals – sizing, fitting, incoming and outgoing rentals with guests.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports, and WinSport guests
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
- Review all OH & S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed or posted on OH & S boards located within each department
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years experience in bike rental maintenance or applicable courses are mandatory
- Extensive knowledge of mountain bikes
- A positive and enthusiastic personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people of all ages and express a guest-friendly attitude at all times
- 1-2 years’ experience working in customer service and hospitality.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills, to facilitate guest activities and assist in staff training.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Working for long hours on your feet
- Heavy lifting
Please apply on our website at https://www.winsport.ca/about-us/join-our-team/