Title: Boot Fitter (Full-time Seasonal – Mid October to Mid April)
As a boot fitter you will be responsible for delivering a world class boot fitting experience. This position is responsible for hard good sales and custom boot fitting within the resort owned retail shop at the base of the resort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver exceptional service and quality.
- Assess guest’s needs and create foot beds and boot adjustments accordingly.
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and professionally.
- Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills.
- Keep an organized & presentable work area.
- Maintain the facility in a clean and safe manner.
- Flexibility as schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts.
- 2+ years of experience as a boot fitter.
- Create custom boots, liners, and foot beds for skiers and snowboarders.
- Formal boot fitting training would be considered an asset. IE Masterfit University or Sidas Clinic
- Extensive knowledge and use of products and tools of the trade – punches, foot bed grinders, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Work both in a team and independently.
- Manage priorities.
- English as a first language, French and/or German language an asset.
- Knowledge of Skiing, Equipment, Biomechanics and Boot fitting techniques
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Position is full-time hourly with a base rate plus sales based commissions.
- Other benefits include Season pass, resort discounts and other benefits.