Capital Projects Manager
Full time, year round, salaried
Salary commensurate with experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We are a values driven company for whom fit with our values is the paramount for any applicant.
We work hard to make sure both our team members and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Reporting to the General Manager and working with the General Partners, the Capital Projects Manager has overall project responsibility for the planning and development of assigned projects of significant scope and complexity. They are responsible for the leadership and motivation of the project team including team members, contractors and consultants. They are also responsible for ensuring the project team and partners consistently deliver above expectations. They may also be responsible for the coordination of a larger project team if warranted by the size and scope of an individual project.
General Manager: Defines the business case for the project. Working together we define the construction constraints, business objectives, internal requirements and financial capabilities of STSG for each proposed project. We provide the GP with viable options to meet the needs of the business.
General Partners: Steeped in development experience, we work first with the GP’s to identify the best option and move from concept to shop drawings and required approvals. On major capital projects we work together through the RFP and contractor selection phase.
General Contractor: Once the above approvals and contractor selection has happened this role assumes the GC’s position ensuring the on-time, on-budget delivery of the project.
- Working with the GM and the General Partners to establish the form, function, value proposition and phasing of the companies 10 year development plan.
- Leadership and motivation of the project team through all phases of project development to ensure that all projects are consistent with the approved mission statement and vision statement for the project, commitments to lenders, partners, purchasers, tenants, and stakeholders.
- Management and motivation of all stakeholders’ disciplines required for the success of assigned projects, including construction.
- Ensure that pertinent development information is provided to each team member in a timely manner that will enable him or her to fully understand their relative importance to the success of the development.
- Responsible for the financial success of assigned development projects.
- Support and implement systems and policies that enable the project team to work efficiently and effectively towards individual and common goals.
- Ensure the project is developed in accordance with the approved mission and vision statement for the project and company policy and direction.
- Create and manage schedules including critical dates for each project.
- Obtain necessary input from the management team.
- Assist in development of design program specifics.
- Ensure appropriate consultants are hired to develop project plan.
- Supervise concept design development documents in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage land-use, environment and other necessary approval processes.
- Supervise development of regulatory permit and construction documents in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Review and ‘sign-off’ the final construction documents and bid set prior to tender.
- Provide input in creation of the Marketing Plan/Strategy
- Responsible for bottom line of the development project.
- Lead timely project control meetings, held on site with the entire project team, so that issues are identified, clearly communicated, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform routine inspections for the purpose of ensuring that the project is being developed as planned. Ensure that the overall schedule, budget and quality requirements of the project are being met.
- Ensure construction schedule, budget and quality requirements of the project are being met.
- Ensure the construction contract value and scope is complete and in accordance with the project proforma. Review construction change orders during construction.
- Ensure Development Projects are meeting schedule and quality requirements.
- Ensure approved vertical developments are completed on time and on budget.
- Responsible for the leadership and motivation of all members of the project team.
- Responsible for providing regular feedback to the project team including
- Documentation review
- Project schedule
- Project Completion Evaluations
- Consistently and enthusiastically impart the vision and story of the project, master plan and company.
- Ability to report directly to a Board of Directors on general and specific issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience managing all phases of development projects including strategy, approvals, construction and delivery.
- University/college degree and/or training in architecture, engineering, land planning, construction or related field.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and implement the development program in accordance with policy and the stated project requirements.
- Ensures decisions are made in a timely matter with input from team and stakeholders.
- Effectively resolve conflict with variety of stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with our core values and ensures strong working relationships in the future.
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders.
If you have the required skills and experience to fulfill the requirements of this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources [email protected]. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.