Who We Are:
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard-working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long-term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info including staff perks can be found at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
About The Position:
The Sales & Cat Skiing Coordinator, part of Castle Mountain Resort’s Sales and Marketing team, works closely with several other coordinators, and reports directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager. This role is primarily responsible for the handling of Castle Mountain Resort’s corporate and group clients. In addition, facilitating the sales of other Castle Mountain Resort products with third-party sales partners (accommodators, retail partners, and tour operators). This role also assists in the coordination of Castle’s Powder Stagecoach Cat Skiing operation, operating 5 days / week through the core of our winter season.
What We Offer You:
– Opportunity to work in the beautiful Southern Alberta Rocky Mountains
– Extended health and dental benefits (eligible after 3 months of continuous employment)
– Full mountain ski/snowboard pass
– Several employee discounts around the resort
– Salary commensurate with experience
– Full-time, year round (40 hours/week)
– Focused on the Guest Experience
– Excellent communicator
– Great team player
– Exceptional time management skills
– Flexible / Adaptable
– Creative Thinker
– Organized / Detail Oriented
– Excellent problem-solving abilities
– Ability to negotiate / mediate
– Continual Learner
– Manage the selling process and achieve key sales targets for groups, tour operators, corporate, cat skiing, and other third-party partners.
– Proactively identify and win new customers through various communication channels while maintaining positive relationships with current stakeholders / accounts.
– Actively engage with customers to build excitement and educate them on our product / experience line-up.
– Serve as the primary liaison with partners such as retailers, ski clubs, partner accommodators, manage partner incentive programs, and frequent skier card sales / distribution.
– Attend off-site engagements, such as wellness fairs, ski swaps / shows, and other tradeshows to facilitate sales and awareness of Castle Mountain Resort related products / experiences.
– Provide coordination support for Castle’s Powder Stagecoach Cat Skiing operation including printing tickets for guests, preparing and delivering guest lists to guides, and as well as preparing food and beverage orders.
– Constantly evaluate offerings of competitors and provide valuable insight to colleagues / management on competing products & trends in the marketplace.
– Provide regular reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager on sales progress.
– Establish a database to manage call backs and update prospective customer records.
– Daily use of the resort’s integrated hospitality suite of software including inputting reservations / sales, handling of cash, and cash outs.
– Be a team player and contribute creative, out-of-the-box ideas to team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Possess a degree or a diploma in business / commerce or related field.
– Previous experience in a sales and/or guest services related role with a preference given to those with 3+ years of experience.
– Experience selling products / experiences through third parties / external sales channels.
– Knowledge of ski industry lines of business with prior resort experience considered an asset.
– Demonstrated sales and relationship building skills.
– Fluency in Microsoft Office suite of software.
– Experience handling cash & inputting sales / reservations through an integrated point of sale system (RTP, Siriusware, etc.).
– Exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
– A positive attitude, ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and a genuine excitement for an outdoor lifestyle.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
– Fluency in English; other languages considered an asset.
– Positive and proactive approach to teamwork and working with others required.
– Ability to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
– Intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder is preferred
– Ability to use desktop computers and peripheral devices
– Travel to trade shows / partner visits (most of the time via company vehicle).
– Weekends and Evenings as required in the Fall/Winter.
– This is a remote location. Own vehicle and comfort with winter driving is required
Where we are:
Castle Mountain Resort is located at the end of Highway 774, near Pincher Creek, AB. This is a remote work location with no mobile coverage or public transit. There is a communal living Staff Accommodation building on-site for new and returning staff. More information on our location and our resort can be found at skicastle.ca
To apply for this job please visit www.skicastle.ca.