Catering & Events Assistant Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 40
Wage: $23/hour + gratuities during event execution (May – Oct), $25/hour with no gratuities in off season (Nov – April)
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Lodge provides a spectacular venue for meetings, corporate events, weddings, and parties. Our Catering & Events Assistant Manager oversees the catering front of house team, ensuring the team works as a cohesive unit to make every event, large or small, memorable for our guests. From pitching in to serve meals or helping the bartender, to running dishes to and from the kitchen, this role is instrumental to the success of our catering operation. This position acts as the liaison between the client, all involved parties within the company, and the catering team before, during, and after the event.
- Do you enjoy creating a welcoming environment and ensuring things run smoothly?
- Are you passionate about customer service and food?
- Do you like being the go-to person & ensuring team members are set up for success?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing, maintaining a professional relationship and providing reporting and communication regarding scheduled events. Work closely with the Group Sales Supervisors to maintain clear communication channels between the sales team, the marketing team, wedding bookings and event coordination
- Set up and deliver site visits and tastings to potential clients
- Provide information on event packaging, menu items etc.
- Work with the Group Sales Supervisors to coordinate all aspects of the wedding booking after the initial inquiry and signed contract
- Creating, managing and communicating BEO’s for events
- Gathering and distributing all food service, set-up and shipping information and product, menu selections etc for day of event
- Order and organize required product for event needs
- Hire, train and provide feedback to catering team members
- Schedule catering team members based on events calendar on a monthly and weekly basis
- Lead and provide concise direction team of catering service staff of up to 10 team members during set up, execution, and tear down of event to ensure seamless execution
- Create coordinate and execute all pre event communication across departments to ensure all parties are well informed
- Liaise between client, Group Sales and all others involved in execution of event
- Work with Group Sales Team on day of event to greet clients and guests, distribute tickets etc.
- Ensure that event planners are set up with necessary information for event execution
- Organize, communicate and arrange for shipping requirements for events (food products, props etc)
- Send all day-of event costs to accounting for final invoicing
- Consistently deliver friendly & professional service to our clients, guests and team members
- Interact with guests and provide information regarding menu items
- Provide direct service to guests, including serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, and end of event cash outs
- Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
- Assist the bar staff with set up, tear down and restocking as required
- Provide final numbers to accounting in a timely manner for the purpose of invoicing
- Work on internal events when required (i.e.; Friday night music, Halloween, Christmas)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience providing leadership and direction to others in a catering role
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact with clients, guest and team members
- Strong knowledge of products and packages available to clients and ability to communicate effectively
- POS (point of sale) experience an asset
- Serving it Right certificate
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under stressful situations
- Passion for people and the outdoors
- Weekend and evening availability required
- Understanding of operational needs of working in tourism operation in regards to travel/extended time away (May – Oct specifically)
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may beavailable, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed townhouses and apartments.