Manning Park Resort is looking for an experienced Chef to assist in leading and developing our culinary team to its fullest. The Chef will be responsible for leading a dedicated kitchen while assisting in the direction and organisation of the daily services of multiple Food and Beverage operations which include; the Pinewoods Restaurant, Big Cat Bistro, Bear’s Den Pub, Alpine Day Lodge (seasonal), corporate/group events and numerous weddings.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Chef is an individual willing to be hands on, when necessary, to meet our guests needs and to lead by example. The Chef will be responsible for the hiring (with help from our HR Manager), training, managing of the kitchen team and will play a large role in the overall operations of the F&B department.
- Oversee all creation of all food related components of our day to day operations and groups
- Assist in delivery of all food related events to ensure the highest levels of product and professionalism are provided
- Seasonal and special event menu development and implementation
- Develop, update and maintain all training programs
- Ensure regular and accurate ordering and inventory procedures and costings are adhered to
- Assist with the development of operating budgets and maintain targets for sales, expenses and profitability
- Provide a safe and supportive working environment for the kitchen team
- Participate as an active member of the MPR management team
This position, in addition to a competitive salary, will include on-site accommodation, company benefits and use of a company vehicle for work purposes. For further information regarding Manning Park Resort please visit our website at www.manningpark.com to see if this opportunity suits your lifestyle and career goals.
Send your cover letter along with a resume and references to [email protected]
Manning Park Resort is a 4-season, full-service family resort, located approximately 45 minutes east of Hope, BC. Located in iconic E.C. Manning Provincial Park, we offer downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, camping, watersports, fishing, over 300km of hiking trails, mountain biking and much more.