You are a conscientious team player who provides vigilant supervision of all the children visiting the Kicking Horse Daycare. You are exceptional at creating a safe and enjoyable environment, striving to exceed the expectations of every child and their family with your enthusiasm and professionalism.
· Ensure the safety and well-being of all children under the care of the Kicking Horse Daycare.
· Ensure appropriate supervision for all children at all times.
· Provide stimulating activities appropriate to children’s age and abilities through games, storytelling, etc.
· Help organize and prepare children for their ski lessons.
· Have a clear understanding of safety and emergency procedures.
· Implement positive corrective actions with children when required and appropriate.
· Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children can understand and listen to.
· Keep parents informed of children’s behaviors throughout the day to ensure a seamless guest experience.
· Have previous professional experience in a childcare setting (daycare, education, etc.).
· Possess a current First Aid certification with Level ‘C’ CPR certification.
· Are 19 years of age or older, as this role has a ‘Bona Fide Occupational Requirement.’
· Have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Early Childhood Education or related field (an asset, not requirement).
· Are reliable, trustworthy and able to provide a criminal record check.
· Possess highly developed stress management and decision making skills.
· Are outgoing and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills.
· Are passionate about working with children and creating a safe, healthy, and engaging environment.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Discounts on food, rentals, retail and hotels.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.