Snow School Child Minding Staff Member
Castle Mountain Resort is currently seeking an energetic individual who is able to take a
program support role within the snow school. Reporting to the Assistant Snow School Director and Program Supervisor this position is responsible for running indoor and outdoor activities for preschool aged children. Additionally this position could also assist with the snow school lesson booking desk. Preference will be given to local candidates.
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Experience working with preschool aged children
- Able to design and implement age appropriate preschool activities for clients
- Work as a team member.
- Strong computer skills are required, must be familiar with MS office and should have a working knowledge of Point of Sale systems
- Cash control procedure implementation
- Customer Service
- Act as a representative of the Resort while on duty and skiing/riding in spare time
- Booking sales and lessons on an occasional basis
- High School Education or currently enrolled in high school
- Experience with MS Excel and Point of Sale Software
- Emergency First aid
- A good understanding of children ages and stages of development
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Background check
Starts at $15.00 depending on experience and number of years worked at CMR.
Period of Employment:
This position works Wed to Sunday, weekly, 9am to 4pm.
Start date in early December, end date approximately early April. Please note this is a seasonal position. Start date will be discussed with the right candidate.