As the Clinic Coordinator of the Coldsmoke Powder Festival, you will provide on-going support and leadership to the festival committee. Your role within the team will be the successful development and implementation of the clinic portion of the event, which includes the following responsibilities: program growth and development, recruiting and retention of instructors/guides, administration of registration, budget control, risk management, as well as a passion and enthusiasm of the sport. You will aim to maintain a high quality of our guests’ skiing/snowboarding day regardless of snow conditions or weather.
Summary of Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the entire clinic portion of the Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder Fest from the development of the clinics selection for the festival, registration management and on-mountain execution
- Hire and manage all clinic instructors, including the lead guide.
- Work closely with the Whitewater Marketing team on clinic involvement with overall festival coordination, budget and post event evaluation
- Liaison with Whitewater mountain staff and the clinic instructor/guides to ensure clinics are taught with safety as the main priority
- Assist in sourcing new sponsor opportunities
- Ability to teach / shadow clinics would be an asset
- Assist in marketing the clinics with the event which includes but is not limited to poster distribution, content creation, etc
- Acting as an information resource, you must be familiar with all Whitewater products, policies and procedures
- Assist with general office administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Measure of Performance:
- Success of the Coldsmoke event
- Overall operation and financial management of the clinic portion of the event
- Guest & working partners compliments and complaints
- Areas of responsibility carried out to management and guests highest expectations
- Risk Management and safety of our guests
- At least 2 years industry experience with on-snow instructing and/or guiding an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented and multi-tasker
- Exceptional Guest Service skills