This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, hands-on Controller to align their career aspirations with their love for the mountains and an active, outdoor lifestyle. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Controller will lead the timely, accurate and transparent management and reporting of the companies’ full financial cycle, contributing to the continued success of two iconic Rocky Mountain attractions.
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting and IT departments.
- Financial responsibility for all revenue centres: retail operations, rentals, ski school, group sales, guest services, nursery, ticket sales and food & beverage.
- Monitor the financial performance of the companies.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Monitor variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Collect and consolidate all financial data required for an accurate accounting of business results.
- Coordinate and prepare financial statements.
- Provide the shareholders with information to support the decision-making process.
- Evaluate and monitor accounting and internal control systems and processes.
- Manage relationships with banks and other external parties.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you are proactive and detail-oriented with deep experience in full-cycle accounting for privately-owned businesses. Energetic, positive and resourceful, your financial skillset is complemented by strong business acumen and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done. Those assets have made you a valued employee in your previous positions, and your high ethical standards and integrity have earned the respect and trust of your employers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including at least three years in a Controller role.
- A professional accounting designation or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent time management, organizational and computer skills.
- Strong people management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in the hospitality or tourism industry would be an asset.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to:
Director, Executive & Professional Search
Email: [email protected]