Employment Period: Late November – Early May
Reports To: Chef De Partie and Sous Chef
- LLSR Lift Pass (valued at approx. $1,200)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Food and Beverage discounts at designated cafeterias and restaurants
- Retail, Rental and Repair discounts
- Staff rates at Skoki Backcountry Lodge
- Friend and Family discounted day passes
- Reciprocal discounts with other Ski Resorts
- Optional subsidized staff housing for full time employees
- Staff events, activities, and team building events throughout the season
- Employee recognition programs
- Opportunity for educational growth and development
Wage: $17.50/hr (Plus $1.50/hr bonus paid on completion of contract + gratuities)
Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of standard kitchen equipment and its uses. A working knowledge of stocks, sauces, butchering & standard cooking techniques such as grilling, frying, sautéing, poaching, smoking and any other cooking medium needed to execute all types of cuisine. A general knowledge of all ingredients to be utilized in their area of work and knowledge of all health and sanitation practices.
- Ensures all food is prepared on clean surfaces (and with clean utensils). Ensure at all time their stations are clean and kept to department standards.
- Ensures food quality and presentation meets LLSR Culinary Department standards prior to being served. Station responsibilities must be monitored at all times.
- Ensures all items prepared on their work station are presented in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Receive and put away any and all product on delivery.
- Provide assistance to all members of the kitchen as requested in a timely & positive manner.
- Ensure that assigned work station is ready for service.
- Abides by all sanitation policies and communicate with the Sous chefs and Chef De Parte when equipment is not functioning properly, if assistance is needed or food pars are low or out.
- Must maintain a positive, helpful and upbeat attitude towards fellow employee’s and guests. Treats guests and co-associates with courtesy and respect.
- At their assigned station at all times and reports to manager before departing work area.
- Know and follow all basic culinary standards, executing proper knife skills, cooking techniques, food safety procedures, culinary terms, positive dialog with guests.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move food, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 40-50 pounds.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme high and low temperatures
- Energetic and self –motivated with a willingness to learn new skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional kitchen
- Formal culinary training is an asset
- Some positions require beginner to intermediate skiing/snowboarding ability and gear
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- A Police Background Check from your home country or province will be required upon commencement of employment
5 Days On / 2 Days Off – Business level dependent
Kitchen uniform (jacket and pants) which will be provided
Employee to provide non-slip grease resistant footwear in accordance with appearance policy