At Doppelmayr Canada Ltd, we are looking for a Customer Support Mechanical Technician to join our Service team, under the responsibility of the Customer Support Supervisor. As a Customer Support Mechanical Technician, you will be part of different customer support activities such as technical support, emergency support, courtesy visits, maintenance and repair service, inspection, customer training and more. You will be responsible for ensuring support to the Customers in terms of functionality and reliability of machines, engines, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and structural systems.
In addition, you will be in charge of different services and mechanical maintenance programs as well as maintenance contracts (tension, bullwheel, gearbox, line equipment and more). Moreover, you will also assist in the commissioning and final adjustment of new equipment deliveries and will participate in different improvement projects. This role is mostly within Western Canada but also as required within the Canadian Team requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and repair machinery, equipment and systems aiming for maximum reliability
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Complete regular preventive, periodic maintenance and maintenance contracts
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures
- Prepare reports and schedule planning
- Promote different programs and client services
- Participate in the Emergency Call Program on a rotational basis
- Customer training
- Support commissioning of new installations and accompany the client in this process
- Ensure all lift, equipment and maintenance documentation (including logs) is complete
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Red Seal Millwright or Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Previous lift maintenance or ski area experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools
- Familiarity with CSA Z-98 code (asset) and BC/AB Safety Act
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position such as lifting 50lbs, walking through difficult terrain, climbing lift towers, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and a current valid driver's with acceptable driving history must be maintained
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Flexibility with schedule, weekend and holiday coverage required
- Self-motivated, professional, dependable, timely, cooperative and able to work with others with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire for a career in the Ski industry
- Valid Passport
- Fall arrest certification
- Valid certification is preferred (Ski Lift Mechanic)
What we offer:
- Permanent position
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible hours
- Insurance plan
- Employee Aid program
- Employee recognition program
- And more!
Who are we?
Doppelmayr Canada Ltd, subsidiary of Doppelmayr/Garaventa, the world's leading ropeway transport company, has been in Canada since mid 1960s with current headquarters located in Saint-Jerome, province of Quebec. The parent company, located in Austria and founded in 1891, is continuously expanding around the world and specializes in the manufacturing of passenger and material transport equipment and provides products and services tailored to its customers in more than 90 countries.
Does this opportunity interest you?
To apply, please send your resume to the following address: [email protected] mentioning in your e-mail subject the job title you are applying for.
Looking forward your application!