Demi Chef - CateringHours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $17.75/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
The Demi Chef - Catering trains, mentors and elevates all cooks under their Supervision. They ensure that all cooks in the catering division cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. The Demi Chef ensures that all cooks under their direction have the tools and resources to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
• Do you enjoy Supervising, mentoring and training staff?
• Do you have a passion for food and creating an exceptional guest experience?
• Are you good a multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
• Train, supervise, coach and mentor team members for culinary skill and efficiency
• Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in the specific area
• Model and ensure cooks use proper portion control
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained and sanitary condition with adequate supplies of operating equipment are always available
• Manage plate presentation for consistency and portioning
• Ensure compliance with Foodsafe through temperature checks and stock rotation
• Communicate with Catering Supervisor and Catering Sous Chef to ensure all events are executed to the BOE specifications
• Communicate with the Sous Chef – Daily Operations with regards to ordering product
• Regularly logon to TripleSeat to stay aware of upcoming events and ongoing updates and refinements.
• Conduct regular, daily meetings with the team for information and education
• Perform other duties as requested by the manager and other team members as required
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, apply today!
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.