Full Time, Year Round
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
- Do you have passenger ropeway experience?
- Are you a Red Seal Journeyman Electrician?
- Are you knowledgeable about electrical and low voltage systems?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly and annual specialized maintenance of state of the art Doppelmayr gondola, buildings, utilities and other components of infrastructure
- Operate passenger ropeway for the purpose of transporting maintenance personnel during line work
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts and reassemble equipment using hand tools
- Work will involve low voltage, PLC, panel installations, transformers, motors/controls and other applications
- Perform semi skilled and unskilled labouring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
Required Skills and Experience:
- Red Seal Certification
- Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of detachable passenger ropeways (preferably Dopplemayr)
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and low voltage systems and their interaction with mechanical systems
- Experience in planning and developing preventative and scheduled maintenance programs as well as budgeting would be an asset
- Must be able to work at heights in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems creatively
- Well organized, good time management skills, and excellent written and oral communication
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation is available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.