Who We Are:
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard-working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long-term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info including staff perks can be found at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
The Events Coordinator, reporting directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager, will work closely with all departments at Castle Mountain Resort, external event partners, and event planners to deliver events that help drive visitation. The Events Coordinator is responsible for supervising and overseeing the planning, design, production, and profitability of all Castle Mountain Resort’s events. Events will include but are not limited to; weddings, conferences, and festivals during the summer months and ski races, fine dining affairs, live music, and product demonstration days during the ski season.
What you offer us:
- Possess a degree or a diploma in event / hospitality management
- Previous experience in an event planning role with preference given to those with either 3+ years’ experience and/or with experience working in a seasonal, tourism-based setting (golf courses, ski resorts, recreation centers, etc.)
- Possess a high energy personality with the guest experience being top of mind
- Experience managing and recruiting event staff
- Experience managing and staying within an events budget
- Knowledge of ski industry lines of business with resort experience considered an asset
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Intermediate or better skier or snowboarder
- Strong creative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills including prioritizing tasks while under pressure.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Comfort working outdoors in extreme winter conditions
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings (all weekends within winter and when events are occurring in the non-ski season)
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the coordination of a variety of events including Castle Mountain Resort led and third party led, on-snow event programming, weddings, conferences, seminars, corporate dinners, entertainment, and training events
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager on the creation of new event opportunities for both winter and summer seasons.
- Assist Human Resources with the planning and implementation of staff events
- Communicate closely and effectively with all resort departments, ensuring that all resources required are available, with risk management always being top of mind
- Liaise with event planners, entertainers, sponsors, and dignitaries in order to make appropriate arrangements (hotel, equipment rental, contracts, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Recruit and retain casual event staff, for a variety of indoor + outdoor events
- Manage events within the context of established budgets
- Manage Castle Mountain Resort’s volunteer “Mountain Host” program
- Complete end of event reports to include obstacles and opportunities encountered
- Perform other duties as necessary
What we offer:
- Full-time, year-round employment commencing on or near June 28, 2021.
- Castle Mountain Resort Season Pass for 21-22 Ski Season
- Staff reciprocal skiing at partner resorts across Western Canada
- $36 171 - $40 123 annually (Salaried position averaging 40 hours / week)
- Health and dental benefits (eligible after 3 months of continuous employment)
Where we are:
Castle Mountain Resort is located at the end of Highway 774, near Pincher Creek, AB. This is a remote work location with no mobile coverage or public transit. There is a communal living Staff Accommodation building on-site for new and returning staff. More information on our location and our resort can be found at https://www.skicastle.ca/