Excavator Operator - Mountain Bike Trail Crew
Location: Mt. Washington Alpine Resort
Employment Type: Seasonal, full time
Reports To: Trail Crew Supervisor
To Apply: Please apply online at: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/jobdescFull.cfm?job_id=97&cat_id=40&unq_id=13https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
Are you an avid mountain biker? Can you run an excavator? Are you punctual, reliable, and hardworking? Join our rugged Trail Crew for an awesome summer on the mountain!
We offer great benefits! Staff Pass, food & retail discounts, and more. Please see our website for more information: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/.
- Build new Bike Park trails and features, plus maintain existing trails, structures, and features to industry standards with excavator.
- Fine grading and finishing, sloping and banking, backfilling, demolition, ditching, excavating, stockpiling, and loading.
- Ensure proper signage is placed appropriately and maintained according to industry standards.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Safety is critical in this role. To ensure the safety of yourself, your co-workers, and our guests:
- Read, understand, and follow all Standard Operating Policies and Procedures and Resort employment policies.
- Follow all occupational health and safety regulations; understand and use required PPE.
- Always assess risks and hazards, and rectify as required.
- Understand and follow your supervisor’s directions.
- Maintain and care for company equipment and tools.
- Communicate delays, potential hazards, accidents, equipment breakdowns and/or maintenance concerns with the Supervisor.
- Complete maintenance logs and documentation records.
- Trail building and trail maintenance experience or training.
- Proven experience safely operating excavators.
- Strong understanding of sustainable building techniques.
- Able to work outside the machine when necessary.
- Chainsaw and wood working experience an asset.
- Able to follow directions and work within a team environment.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Capable of heavy physical labour.
- Prepared to take breaks and lunches on site.
- Have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work.
Wage $19.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.