Website Sea to Sky Gondola
Finance and Accounting Coordinator
Start Date: January 2022
Hours Per Week: 40
Wage: $24/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As part of our Finance and Administration team, the Finance and Accounting Coordinator supports processes and procedures integral to the business accounting cycle. The role is a full-time position.
Do You Enjoy…
- Making sure things balance?
- Detail oriented tasks?
- Working in a fast paced, customer focused environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities
Cash and Revenue
- Daily posting of the trial balance to the GL
- Daily reconciliation and bank entries to the GL as per bank statement
- Monthly bank reconciliations for all cash accounts
- Preparation of revenue reporting for internal management analysis
- Monthly reconciliation of deferred revenue accounts
- Monthly prepaid expense entries into the GL and reconciliation of accounts
- Receive and verify invoices and packing slips for all aspects of the operation – Food and Beverage, Retail, Lift Operations, Admin, and Sales and Marketing
- Assisting the Assistant Manager – Finance in the preparation of invoices to pay for weekly cheque run
- Monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable subledger
- Reconcile Partner transactions form frontline POS and prepare monthly partner invoices and indirect commissions
- Process incoming partner payments
- Monthly reconciliation of Accounts Receivable subledger
- Follow up with Sales/Finance Assistant Manager to ensure payments are received in compliance with our collections policy
- Assistance with other weekly and monthly management dashboards and reports
- Other as-hoc tasks as required
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-year of experience in full cycle accounting
- Currently pursuing or planning to enroll in the CPA program is considered an asset
- Solid reconciliation experience considered an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Financial Accounting software and POS systems
- Strong general computer skills
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 required
- Criminal record check required
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, please inquire about availability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org