Finance Manager, Castle Mountain Resort – Maternity Leave
Castle Mountain Resort (CMR) is a growing destination ski resort located west of Pincher Creek in the Southern Alberta Rocky Mountains. We are known for our fall line skiing, cold smoke powder, and amazing terrain. We are looking for someone with a passion for winter sports who would enjoy a 14 month maternity leave as our Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is responsible for all financial aspects of the ski resort. This includes supervision & team-building, maintaining relationships with financial institutions, maintenance of financial records, auditing, and financial reporting. As a member of the management team the Finance Manager will report to and partner with the Director, Finance & Inside Operations to focus on efficiencies and profitability. This position is expected to be filled by October 2019 and will be full time through the fall/winter season with the option of a shorter work week in our non-operating seasons. We are seeking a strong candidate to help guide our financial future and be involved in the ski resort business at a senior level.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of CMR’s Accounting &
• Develop and implement financial policies, systems and procedures of the corporation.
• Supervision and active involvement in all accounting, finance, and some guest services
• Preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and
financial management reports for presentation to the board of directors.
• Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct
• Supervise the development and implementation of financial business plan models.
• Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities
and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and
other financial control functions to senior department managers.
• Supervision and active involvement in payroll and human resource functions
• Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the
organization's financial performance.
• Actively contribute to the management team in weekly management meetings and day to
• Assist with recruiting, organization, training and management of staff.
• A minimum of 7-10 years experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial
planning, point of sales systems, analysis and other financial activities as required.
• 4+ years supervisory experience including managing teams and direct reports in Finance,
AP/AR, and admin.
• A bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field
• Candidates must have an accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CA or CGA) or an equivalent
combination of experience and education
• Preference given toward candidates with experience with Sage 300 (Accpac) and
Siriusware POS systems.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Dean Parkinson, Director, Finance & Inside Operations via email [email protected]
Application deadline is October 31st, 2019