Manning Park Resort is looking for a dynamic and creative thinking Food and Beverage Manager to assist in leading and developing our culinary team to its fullest. Working and playing in one of the crown jewels in BC’s provincial park system, the Manager will be responsible for leading a dedicated Food and Beverage (F&B) team while directing and organizing the daily services of multiple Food and Beverage operations which include the Pinewoods Restaurant, Big Cat Bistro, Bear’s Den Pub, Alpine Day Lodge (seasonal), corporate/group events and numerous weddings. This individual will have a critical eye and be involved in helping set the course for our growing, year-round business. If you are interested in leaving your mark on with us as we move into the next phase of our growth, then this is an exciting opportunity not to be missed.
Reporting to the General Manager, the F&B Manager is an individual willing to be hands on, when necessary, to meet our guests needs and lead by example. The F&B Manager will be responsible for the hiring (with help from our HR Manager), training, managing of the F&B team and overall operations of the F&B department. You will also be responsible for maintaining a healthy and safe work environment for all employees and guests.
You will also have the chance to enjoy the numerous recreational activities available in the area surrounding Manning Park Resort.
- Oversee all F&B outlets and events to ensure the highest levels of service and professionalism are provided
- Work with the F&B team to ensure all operational procedures and standards are followed
- Seasonal and special event menu development and implementation
- Develop, update and maintain all F&B training programs
- Ensure regular and accurate ordering and inventory procedures are adhered to
- Assist with the development of operating budgets and maintain targets for sales, expenses and profitability
- Work with provincial agents and authorities to ensure compliance with all F&B operations
- Knowledge of programming and operating the Micros POS system
- Provide a safe and supportive working environment for the F&B team
- Participate as an active member of the MPR management team
This position, in addition to a competitive salary, will include on-site accommodation, company benefits after 3 months and use of a company vehicle for work purposes. For further information regarding Manning Park Resort please visit our website at www.manningpark.com to see if this opportunity suits your lifestyle and career goals.
Manning Park Resort is a 4-season, full-service family resort, located approximately 45 minutes east of Hope, BC. Located in iconic E.C. Manning Provincial Park, we offer downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, camping, watersports, fishing, over 300km of hiking trails, mountain biking and much more.