The Food & Beverage Director is a full-time, year-round senior management position. As a senior manager, the Food & Beverage Director helps guide the overall operation in collaboration with the rest of the management team. They are responsible for ensuring that restaurant operations run efficiently and profitably, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and service. This position oversees all aspects of the daily operation, functionality, and long-term direction of the restaurants. The Food and Beverage Director will further establish and grow Island Lake’s culinary reputation and dining experience to advance its restaurants towards being recognized as two of the best restaurants in Canada.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in Restaurant Management; both front and back of house.
- Degree or diploma in hotel and restaurant management or related major considered an asset.
- 5 years’ experience in the food and beverage industry, culinary or related professional area.
- Knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage operations including costing, inventory controls and menu compilation.
- Having International Wine Education Guild (IWEG) or Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) levels 1,2 or 3 or Sommelier designation is an asset.
- Able to inspire and lead the culinary team and work collaboratively in designing world class menus and culinary experiences.
- Able to inspire and lead the service team and work collaboratively in defining beverage offerings and providing exceptional dining experiences.
- Finance management with emphasis on budget, cost of sales, payroll and profitability
- Ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of members of the Food and Beverage team.
- Events experience an asset. F&B Director will work closely with Wedding Coordinator in the lead up to and execution of weddings and events.
- Serving it Right Certificate
- Food Safe Certificate, familiar with HACCP
- BC Driver’s License
- Organize and implement departmental training process.
- Work closely with restaurant supervisors to maintain service excellence in overall guest experience.
- Keep appraised of guest counts and expected levels of reservations for dining, weddings and event functions. Monitor staffing levels and schedule to ensure they are appropriate as per guest counts and expected restaurant volume.
- Work with the Head Chef to develop food menus and associated pricing.
- Work with Front of House Supervisors to develop and maintain the Wine Menu and to create Seasonal Cocktail & Specialty Drink Menus.
- Update and maintain POS system (price, inventory and menu maintenance) for all Food & Beverage related items
- Develop and implement annual operational budgets for Restaurants.
- Ensure company policies related to purchasing, invoicing, and expenses are adhered to, throughout the department.
- Work with the Wedding & Events Coordinator to ensure that all restaurant service requirements are in place and properly executed for events.
- Attend and participate in weekly Management Meeting and weekly scheduled meetings with front of house and back of house supervisors.