FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Powder King Mountain Resort prides itself on delivering the best experience possible to our guests and Staff members which is why we spend a lot of time finding the right person for employment opportunities – are you that person that is highly skilled, passionate about winter, able to provide exceptional customer service who has a “can, will, do attitude”?
We are pleased to present an amazing full-time permanent career opportunity for the right candidate. The Powder King Team is in search of an experienced and papered Food & Beverage Manager. This core position will work closely with the owners to grow this world class resort into a multi recreation destination, to rival any of the other 14 designated destination Alpine Resorts in the Province of British Columbia.
Nestled in the pristine wilderness of the Canadian Rockies, Powder King Mountain Resort offers the best of the great outdoors. This hidden gem ski area boasts an amazing annual snowfall of 41 feet and 5000 acres of mountain terrain that ranges from breathtaking drops for the adventurous skier, to the gentle groomed slopes of beginner runs. In addition to our current primary enterprise of alpine ski services, Powder King also operates its’ adjoining Azouzetta Lake Lodge Resort facility, which offers lakeside dining, camping, cabin rental and water recreation.
Powder King's long term mission is to create a team atmosphere where all managers of our team take on their positions with a feeling of ownership, pride and care that allows the team to share in both the Resort's and the team member's success. Obviously, as Powder King grows and increases its success, the opportunities, benefits and rewards for each of the active managers will grow and increase as well.
Key Overall Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Powder King Mountain Resort values
- Act as a Powder King Host & Ambassador on and off the hill.
- Wear proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Powder King Mountain Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe, clean, well-organized and profitable operation of Powder King's food and beverage departments which currently consists of the daylodge cafeteria, dining room, and lounge.
- Conduct Staff supervision, training, scheduling and administration.
- Provide leadership and support to the Food & Beverage team by creating a collaborative and positive team environment.
- Ensure your team is motivated to attain high levels of efficiencies and provide guest services.
- Mentor employees with sleeves rolled up and often seen alongside your department team members assisting as needed, and demonstrating how the roles in that department should properly be performed. Ie. Show/teach/mentor the team on how to wash dishes correctly, organize their stations, account for and put away deliveries correctly, meet high cleanliness standard etc.
- Ordering of departmental supplies including: foods, beverages, cleaning supplies etc.
- Record, monitor and report weekly sales and costs reports. (Work with the office team weekly to track costs/inventories/profitability).
- Participate in regular meetings with staff and management to maintain the communication of good information between team members.
- Assist with administrative functions, including but not limited to updating staff manuals & procedures, inventory management and reporting.
- Work alongside the marketing manager to create, produce and promote events!
- Communicate frequently with other departments to discuss planning, budgeting, sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
- Handle cash; including cash balancing and opening/closing duties.
- Accurately operate debit machine and cashier till.
Vary upon experience & level of certification. Higher levels, more experience, more money! Hourly $20-$25 bonus and profit sharing available.
- Red Seal Chef
- 5 years of past supervisory experience exhibiting strong leadership skills with a commitment to safety and quality food preparation and delivery.
- Cash handling and Point of Sale system experience.
- Effective communicator and problem solver.
- Skilled at providing and creating exceptional customer service opportunities.
- Positive personality with a continuous improvement / opportunity creating mindset.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships between and across other departments.
- Staff season’s pass.
- Very affordable accommodation option.
- Staff discounts.
- A unique and remote mountain ski resort experience with a group of people passionate about mountain lifestyle!
To apply: send your resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]