You are a vital member of the Grooming team, ensuring the snow grooming equipment is operated safely and efficiently. You work well with a team and continually strive to provide our guests the finest mountain recreational experience by providing safe and well-maintained terrain.
· Safely operate grooming equipment, completing pre and post trip inspections of machinery.
· Perform daily light maintenance (topping up fluids, cleaning interior and exterior, greasing, and fueling of machine).
· Recognize and report unusual noises and conditions to the Maintenance team.
· Complete daily vehicle log sheets and daily data input form.
· Maintain high traffic areas with rebuilding and maintaining slopes.
· Perform snow removal and snow farming (including snowmaking and snow fencing).
· Relay grooming information to Security for the daily grooming report.
· Record and report any potential hazards to Mountain Safety.
· Be an advocate for health and safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
· Work flexible shifts, including afternoons, graveyards, holidays and weekends, in extreme weather conditions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have previous experience operating snow grooming equipment, with an excellent safety record.
· Are mechanically inclined, with an understanding of basic operations and maintenance of equipment.
· Have basic understanding of mountain resort maintenance and ski/snowboarding terrain needs.
· Are team-oriented, with a desire to make a positive contribution to the entire resort.
· Possess excellent communication skills and work well with a diverse range of people.
· A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
· Discounts on food, retail, rentals and hotels.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.