Front of House Supervisor
Start Date: Immediately
Hours per Week: 25 - 40
Wage: $21.00/ hour
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Supervise and direct the activities of the front of house team, ensuring adherence to Sea to Sky Gondola standards. The Front of House Supervisor is a leader who works closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and Team to create amazing guest experiences. Develop, implement and maintain quality standards for food service.
All team members are expected to follow and abide by company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
- Do you enjoy leading others and supporting/mentoring/coaching staff?
- Do you like working collaboratively as a team to accomplish a goal?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment requiring quick thinking and problem solving?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, supervise, coach and conduct performance management as required for team members for the efficient operation of the Summit Lodge Food and Beverage Department
- Schedule team members and verify payroll
- Oversee daily cash handling
- Seek out and share special event information with daily teams and guests
- Facilitate special events in the Summit Lodge in coordination with the Events department
- Ensure compliance with all Foodsafe through temperature checks and stock rotation
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
- Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties
- Conduct daily and regular meetings with the team
- Attend meetings as required
- Promote safety awareness to associates and demonstrate that safe job performance is the number one priority
- Ensure compliance with Sea to Sky Gondola Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Ensure associates report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries as soon as possible and take appropriate actions
- Set a good safety example
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience in a high volume F&B environment
- Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher) and Centaman POS
- Previous POS understanding
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
- Management skills
- Proven track record as a hands on leader with great communication skills
- Knowledge of quick food and beverage operations
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls
- Passion for people and the outdoors
- Serving it Right Certificate required
- FoodSafe Level 1 an asset
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 10 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please Inquire about availability.