Front of House Team Member
Start Date: mid November End Date: mid May (summer seasonal opportunities may be available at the end of the winter season)
Hours per week: 30 – 40 (weather and guest visit dependent)
Wage: $15.20/hour training, $16.00 - $16.50/hour, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Front of House Team Members showcase our locally inspired food and beverages to guests from around the world. From hand crafting speciality coffees and merchandising freshly baked pastries to personally connecting with customers from all walks of life we create lasting memories, all while overlooking the idyllic Howe Sound. This role has great diversity which allows you to experience the best of this position, including working outside and gaining additional skills by working in many different outlets (Sky Pilot Restaurant, Co-Pilot Café, Backyard Bites).
All team members at Sea to Sky Gondola are expected to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
- Do you enjoy striking up conversations with customers while you work?
- Do you have a friendly disposition that you can bring to work on a daily basis?
- Are you good at multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
- Serve café and restaurant style meals and ring in orders through our point-of-sale system
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and inviting eating area by bussing dishes and wiping down counters, tables, and high touch points
- Restock and rotate condiments, and coolers, ensuring the products look appealing and are well presented
- Promote sustainability by following recycling & composting procedures
- Clean and clear tables when needed
- Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
- Set up all areas of the lodge for daily operations, including the outdoor/patio areas
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests
- POS (point of sale) experience an asset
- Serving it Right certificate
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
- Knowledge of food and hot & cold beverages is an asset
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.