SKI INSTRUCTOR, FULL TIME
Reports to: Snow School Director/Rental Shop Supervisor
Instructors must teach safe and fun lessons to a variety of ages and ability levels. They must teach and adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times, and maintain a professional attitude and represent HBMR’s values while carrying out their duties. Beyond teaching, instructors are also expected to help in the Rental Shop and Repair Shop, assembling rental equipment for guests before and after lessons, and doing small repairs to rental equipment. They will also be expected to shovel snow as a part of morning duties and help Ski Patrol with sweep at the end of the day.
- Arrive with staff van (or other transportation) before mountain operations start, in order to prepare for the day ie. Shovel, arrange pre-sets, clean rental shop, etc.
- Check in, ready to teach, at Snow School 15 minutes prior to each lesson time
- Teach for the full allotted lesson time
- Wear proper assigned uniform and nametag at all times
- Assist with Kids Kamp, which may include riding the bus with participants, supervising lunch, and participating in arts & crafts
- Ensure all guests are aware of the Alpine Responsibility Code and are following it at all times
- Report any and all accidents/injuries during lessons to the Snow School Director and Base 1 immediately
- Ensure rental forms are filled out completely before starting rental process
- Assist guests with proper boot fitting and adjustment
- Ensure accurate ski/board selection, binding adjustment, pole measurements and helmet sizing
- Ensure knowledge of ski/board tune-ups and adjustments
- Maintains a good relationship with guests, while being courteous and professional
- Instructs guests in the correct use of rental equipment
- Notifies Snow School Director if equipment is requiring repair or replacement
- Maintains the Snow School Staff room in a tidy and organized manner – washes dishes after they are used
- Maintains the Rental Shop and Repair Shop in clean & organized order
- Carries out related duties as assigned
- Fosters an atmosphere of safety and co-operation, and promotes positive teamwork in the Rental Shop as well as in all other HBMR locations
At minimum, a Level 1 instructor's certification as a ski instructor through the the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance (CSIA)
Previous experience in ski or snowboard instruction is preferred; a condition of employment is a criminal background check.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract