Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Team!
Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. The team at Sasquatch Mountain Resort (SMR) is passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
As the Head of our Sasquatch Mountain Resort Leadership Team, the primary function of this role is to help build and execute our Mountain Resort’s strategic plan. We require a hard-working, dedicated individual that is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, leading, empowering, mentoring, and being directly accountable for the overall success of the Resort.
You will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, maintaining sales goals, ensuring consistent high customer service, future planning and strategies utilizing performance metrics, budgets, sales and marketing. You are the coach; training and developing all your staff to ensure health and safety standards are met, as well as developing Bench Strength with the leaders of tomorrow to ensure the success of the resort by drawing new customers as well as retaining our current customers. This position will also play a big role in the development of off-season activities and events that will help SMR achieve its goal in becoming a year-round destination of choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort has huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
- A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person, who is always looking for new and better ways to do things
- You are confident, outgoing, positive, and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- You have great leadership skills, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- You are a coach, leader, and mentor by nature. You take pride in the growth and development of the people around you, and lead by example.
- You bring with you a wealth of Ski Industry knowledge and experience
- You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ and prepared to work hours, from early morning to close in the evening, to achieve phenomenal results.
Reporting Directly to the Director of Operations, Berezan Hospitality Group, you will:
- Direct oversight pertaining to the operations, revenue, staffing and development of the following Departments:
- Maintenance, including Building Maintenance, Custodial, Mechanics Shop
- Outside Operations, including Parking, Transportation, Security, Lift Operations, Grooming
- Inside Operations, including, Food & Beverage, Rentals, Guest Services, Financing, Human Resources
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to staff in order to capitalize on their full potential
- Direct and motivate all team members to contribute fully to the realization of the mission, goals, and objectives.
- Resort Budgeting and responsibility for financial performance.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of SMR's offerings to guests with the highest standards.
- Ensure compliance to the OH&S program.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs in an effort to move the business forward.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Oversee and be responsible for Work Safe BC policies.
- Understand Covid-19 Pandemic Response and ensures adherence to policies and directives.
- Communicate strategy and results to the SMR's employees.
- Report key results to corporate directors and ownership.
- Engage with ownership in broader organizational strategy planning.
- Wear multiple hats with intent to drive sales and create bottom line growth and profitability
- Developing and Mentoring all staff with intent to increase annual return rate and that will “Create Memorable Experiences” for our guests.
- Other duties as needed
* Completion of secondary school
* Post-secondary education in business management or a related field considered an asset
* Minimum of 10 years of experience with managing projects and people
* Extensive experience with all Mountain Operations, including HD equipment, Lift Operations, Grooming, Marketing and Guest Services
* Strong leadership skills in a Mountain Resort
* Strong communications skills both Written and oral
* Strong skills in developing plans and budgets
* Conflict resolution and strong ability to negotiate contracts
* Able to multi-task
* Must be able to work under pressure
Salary & Compensation:
- Annual Wage: Commensurate to Experience
- Bonus paid out annually based on mutually agreed upon targets
- Extended Medical Benefits
- Group Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) 8% employer contribution of base salary, based on employee contribution of 5%
Please forward your cover letter with Resume/CV via email to John Welsh, Manager of Human Resources, at [email protected]