The General Manager is in charge of and responsible for the operation of the entire Mt Sima facility. The General Manager must have knowledge of all aspects of Ski Resort operations, and ensure the facility operates within legislative requirements for Ski Resorts, meets financial responsibilities as laid out in the operating budget, and that exceptional customer service is provided by every employee to all of Mt Sima’s members and guests.
The General Manager, reporting to the Board of Directors of the Friends of Mt Sima Society, will be expected to liaise with industry and external stakeholders in a collaborative approach in developing the resort as a preferred multi-season recreational facility. Leading a team of professionals and supported by office administrative staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for achieving targeted results in areas of cost management, client satisfaction, revenue/sales performance, and human resources management.
You are a leader who is results-oriented and committed to quality service. You possess a relevant university degree and/or college diploma supplemented by senior management, leadership and operational experience, preferably in the hospitality/tourism industry. Experience and/or an extensive knowledge of the ski and snowboard industry would be essential. You have demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience in dealing with public/media and employee relations.
• Provides excellent guest service to internal and external guests
• Directs and coordinates operations of Mt Sima; interfaces with and assists staff to ensure effective and efficient operations are in place to meet guest service standards
• Leads the development and implementation of FMSS financial and operational goals, objectives, policies and priorities
• Develops, administers and recommends the annual operating budget, including revenue forecasts, and capital improvement budget for Mt Sima
• Explore opportunities to apply for grants and funding programs
• Develops and submits funding applications
• Monitors and controls budgets utilizing a computerized financial accounting system
• Monitors performance and effectiveness, adjusting operations as necessary to meet or exceed revenue goals
• Participates in formulating and administering policies and developing long range goals and objectives
• Explores new concepts in the snow and other recreational or business industries to determine possible benefits of implementation
• Develops and maintains community programs and campaigns to encourage open lines of communication and support from residents and businesses of the Yukon
Education and/or Experience in Business Administration, Ski Area Management, or related field.Five years in a managerial position, marketing, long range planning, and project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A successful record of financial performance is also required and enterprise risk management experience is an asset.
Other Skills or Abilities
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal, communication (including ability to handle crisis communication as needed)
• Strong planning, business, financial, and guest service skills
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
• Familiar with project management and financial accounting applications
• Computer skills for word processing, spreadsheets
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of individuals and groups
• Ability to ski and/or snowboard all levels of terrain
• Ability to deal with changing circumstances in a positive manner
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and work a schedule that includes weekends and holidays
Salary between $70,000 - $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
Position is full time September to end of May; Part-time June to end of August.
Application Filing Date
Applicants should submit a resume by May 17, 2019 to [email protected]