Somehow going to work each day is just a little sweeter when you work for a company that sells fun. If you enjoy connecting with new people, are outgoing by nature and thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, then we invite you to apply to be a part of our Team!
Who we are:
Sasquatch Mountain is a family focused Ski Resort located in the Fraser Valley, BC – formerly known as Hemlock Resort and in operation since 1969. The team at SMR is passionate about snow sports and bringing people together for outdoor fun. We pride ourselves on our strong commitment to the quality of service we offer to each guest that comes through our door through delivering a personalized experience in everything we do. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests as they create mountain memories in a whole new way at Sasquatch Mountain. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
As an integral part of our Sasquatch Mountain Resort Team, the primary function of this role is to groom the runs at Sasquatch Mountain to the best quality for our skiing and snowboarding guests.
This position at Sasquatch Mountain Resort is a huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
- A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person.
- You are confident, outgoing, positive and energetic.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ and have a desire to achieve phenomenal results.
- Operate all grooming equipment, including winch cable grooming equipment, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Complete daily vehicle log sheets and checklists
- Perform pre-start up inspections as per pre-established checklists.
- Perform shut-down and post operational procedures including necessary documentation regarding machine maintenance.
- Adhere to all company operating and maintenance procedures.
- Arrive to work on time, rested, and ready for your shift.
- Keep buildings and lift terminals clear of hazards and excess snow.
- Ensure a high-quality grooming product.
- Practice safe work procedures at all times.
- Operate during designated hours set by the Grooming Supervisor and Director of Mountain Operations as to not interfere with resort operational hours.
- Report all ski run hazards, both current and potential, to the patrol department by the designated time each operational morning.
- Assist the mechanic with maintenance on grooming equipment, where needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Previous grooming experience is preferred.
- Previous mountain operations experience is an asset.
- Previous heavy equipment operating experience is preferred.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work alone and/or with others.
- Physically healthy.
- Strong Time Management skills.
Please send your Resume/CV and cover letter to John Welsh, HR Manager at [email protected]