Guest Service Agent
Castle Mountain Resort is currently seeking Guest Service agents This is a full-time position running from Early December until Early April
About Castle Mountain Resort
Nestled in the southwestern corner of Alberta, in the rugged and legendary Canadian Rockies, Castle is as authentic as it gets. Hard working, hospitable, and here for the powder is what we’re all about. With less than 200 employees we’re a small, passionate team of winter enthusiasts. Here, we’re all family and you will quickly find you are right at home. If this sounds like you, then we want you to join us.
Our resort is not owned or operated by a large ski conglomerate; rather by a bunch of local skiers and riders who are passionate about steep terrain and great snow. Operational decisions are made here (head office = the basement of the day lodge) and our long term direction is plotted by a group of passionate, volunteer directors who represent more than 200, predominately local shareholders.
More Info at: https://www.skicastle.ca/employment/
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
To sell Season Passes and lift tickets to resort guests and maintain a high quality of services offered to our guests. You will assist in enhancing the quality of our guest's skiing/snowboarding day by fielding a variety of questions about the resort, local area, and directing people to where they need to go. Your personal interaction with our guests and your staff will foster a friendly relationship that they look forward to renewing each time they visit.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Act as an information resource, be familiar with CMR’s facilities and products, procedures and policies
- Answer questions from guests both in person and over the phone.
- Sales of season passes and day tickets
- Close out point of sale system and balance cash at the end of each shift
- Supervise waiver signatures and file waivers at end of shift.
- Identify any potential problems and problem solve for the guest
- Must be available Saturdays, Sundays, Statutory Holidays and School Breaks
- Experience in customer service including sales.
- Cash handling and end of day procedure experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to prioritize and focus and stay on task
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid judgment & critical thinking skills.
- A sense of teamwork and community.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal skills
Castle Mountain Resort, end of Highway 774, MD of Pincher Creek Alberta
This is a remote location.