Start Date: ASAP End Date: mid to late May
Hours Per Week: 30 (Fri – Sun availability required) Full time hours may be available, TBD
Wage: $15.20/hr training, $16.25 - $17.00/based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Guest Services Agents help people access all the activities we have on offer. From selling season passes and tickets to answering questions at the ticket window and over the phone to fulfilling the commitments we made to groups this role is about interacting with our guest and providing a great experience.
All team members at Sea to Sky Gondola are expected to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
- Do you love interacting with guest and providing exceptional customer service?
- Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world?
- Are you passionate about the outdoors?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly interact with customers, promoting Sea to Sky Gondola facilities and services
- Processing season passes, tickets, group bookings & conducting surveys
- Proficiently use the CENTAMAN POS system to process all sales and complete payment
- Provide personalized information on the area to ensure the best experience for the guest
- Handle guest concerns in a professional manner with solutions that work for both parties
- Take accountability for all sales transactions completed
- Handle, record, and deposit all money received and complete cash out procedures correctly
- Stay up-to-date on all prices, programs, events, and policies of Sea to Sky Gondola
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the tourism industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the Sea to Sky region & a passion for people and the outdoors
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our guests and passholders
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to remain calm under stressful and high volume situations
- Computer literate and able to learn large amounts quickly and to ‘think on your feet’
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you think you’re a great fit for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments.