Whitewater is known for providing a memorable and authentic guest experience both on and off the snow and specifically within our food & beverage department this translates to fresh, delicious, creative food and exceptional service. We are looking for a hard working team player who has a passion for customer service and experience with Kitchen operations. In this position you manage, plan and supervise the daily operation of the Whitewater Kitchen, as well as manage inventory of all relevant products and supplies.
Terms of Employment: Wage or Salary depending on qualifications and experience. Effective Oct – April
Responsibilities & Duties
- Menu planning & development, including specials, staff meals and catering events.
- Ensuring Whitewater Food Safe Policy and OH&S standards are followed by all kitchen
- Ensuring customers receive friendly and efficient service.
- Participate in hiring and training staff.
- Supervise, schedule and distribute tasks to all of the kitchen staff.
- Consistent monitoring of inventory levels, food cost controls and the strategic assessment of the food product versus value perceived.
- Responsible for all functions related to the purchasing, production, preparation and presentation of all food & beverage services for the resort. This includes providing a safe and sanitary work
- Achieving financial and operational targets.
- Must have a passion and love for
- Supervisory experience in a fast-paced restaurant or cafeteria.
- Valid FOODSAFE Certification
- Must be willing to travel to the mountain and work weekends and holidays as required.
- Occupational First Aid, WHMIS and Food Safe Level 2 an
- Red Seal, Certified Chef de Cuisine designation or Culinary Arts Diploma is an
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Chef or related experience.
- Human resources management skills an asset.
- Financial management skills such as basic accounting and budget calculations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and oral.
- Leadership & Organizational skills.
- Mature, professional and
- Ability to work under
Measure of Performance:
- Cleanliness and safety in work
- Monthly food cost and sales and profit margins.
- Guest compliments and
- Staff motivation and performance.
Please complete our online application & submit your cover letter, resume at skiwhitewater.com/employment by July 31st, 2019