Heavy Duty Mechanic
We are currently recruiting for a full time year round Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our Mountain Operations Team.
This is a varied position responsible for maintaining our company’s entire fleet of vehicles and equipment, including loaders, snow groomers, Snow Plows and Buses.
Some shift work required during the winter operating season which runs November to April - outside of those months we operate on a four ten hour shift schedule with three days off per week.
We offer competitive wages, tool and clothing allowance, benefits and company discounts.
Our Maintenance shop is located on Mt Seymour therefore own vehicle is required to travel to and from work.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Heavy-Duty Mechanic Foreman, the Heavy-Duty Mechanic performs all routine and preventative maintenance to all mount Seymour’s vehicles and machinery.
- To uphold Mount Seymour’s Core Values.
- Work with the Foreman to organize a preventative maintenance, inventory and record keeping system.
- Help manage/monitor inventories as they relate to maintenance areas, tools and equipment.
- To ensure the vehicle maintenance building and surrounding area is kept in a clean, safe and presentable manner.
- To identify and prioritize vehicle maintenance requirements.
- To carry out vehicle equipment maintenance and repairs on all Mt Seymour Vehicles and machinery as needed.
- To ensure that all manufacturer’s guidelines and government regulations in regard to vehicle maintenance and repair are followed.
- Shipping and receiving of materials as required.
- Maintaining records in regard to maintenance work performed, materials used, quality and cost control.
- To ensure a high standard in all finished work, while remaining cost effective.
- Responsible for thorough record keeping and the reporting of equipment status including but not limited to work performed.
- To help oversee the work of a Heavy-Duty Mechanic’s Apprentice.
- To adhere to all health and safety regulations when performing tasks.
- Report and rectify any unsafe acts.
- To assist the Mountain Operations department and other departments on Mount Seymour as required.
- Other Duties as required.
- Must hold an Inter-Provincial Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman’s ticket or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience as a ticked Heavy-Duty Mechanic with working knowledge of other related trades.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to provide timely and high-quality service.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to coach and supervise an apprentice.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions while performing labour intensive duties.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
Terms of Employment:
- Full time, year-round position
- Benefits coverage – 50% cost share between employee and Mt Seymour
- RRSP program
- Complimentary family seasons pass.
- Clothing and tool allowance.
To apply please email resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for the Heavy Duty Mechanic Position to [email protected]