Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd. located at 1700 Mt. Seymour Road, North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L3 is currently hiring a Heavy-Duty Mechanic (NOC 7312) to join our team. This is a full-time position to start as soon as possible. The position requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week. The successful candidates MUST have at least 5 years of experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic. The offered salary is $36.00 per hour. We offer a benefits package which includes medical, dental, extended health, life insurance and long-term disability benefits with coverage commencing after three months of employment. RRSP plan membership with enrollment commencing after 12 months employment at a 2% match level. We will also provide a family ski pass.
- Perform maintenance and/or repairs on heavy equipment, fleet of shuttle buses, vehicles, snowplows and other machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and government regulations.
- Identify and prioritize vehicle and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Maintain records in regard to maintenance work performed, materials used, quality and cost control and equipment status.
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches and tillers.
- Help manage/monitor inventories, shipping and receiving of materials as they relate to maintenance areas, tools and equipment.
- Ensure the vehicle maintenance building and surrounding area is kept in a clean, safe and presentable manner.
- Work with the Foreman to organize a preventative maintenance, inventory and record keeping system.
- Oversee the work of a Heavy-Duty Mechanic’s Apprentice ensuring high standard in all finished work, while remaining cost effective
- Uphold Mount Seymour’s Core Values and adhere to all health and safety regulations when performing tasks and report/rectify any unsafe acts.
- Other Duties as required.
Education and Training required:
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment and vehicles including buses or completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of courses or vocational program for heavy duty mechanics or several years of experience as a heavy-duty mechanic is acceptable in lieu of vocational education.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required to provide timely and high-quality service.
- Must be willing and available to work various shifts, weekends and overtime as required.
- Ability to coach and supervise an apprentice and be a supportive team member.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have reliable means to travel to and from work, public transit not available.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness with no health issues that would prevent an individual from crawling on hands & knees in tight spaces, lift up to 100 lbs and operate equipment to perform duties.
- Must be willing and able to work for extended period of time and in all weather conditions while performing labour intensive duties.
Our company has an excellent reputation for quality service that exceeds customer expectations, and we expect our employees to be professional and personable. The successful candidate will be physically fit as the job is physically demanding. They will motivate, inspire and lead those around them by setting an example of excellence in all that they do.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Send your resume:
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: 1700 Mt. Seymour Road, North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L3