We are currently looking for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. This is a full-time position that starts as soon as possible. To apply, please email your resume with copies of your certifications to [email protected] and include to position title in the subject line.
- Perform regular maintenance on all machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Ensure all machinery, equipment, and vehicles meet all safety standards and manufacturers guidelines.
- Ensure all necessary supplies and parts are in stock.
- Perform on-hill field repairs of machinery, equipment, and vehicles, as required.
- Ensure shop is kept clean, organized, and safe at all times.
- Maintain adequate fluid levels at all times: diesel, gasoline, oils, coolants, etc.
- Ensure constant communication with other departments with regards to machinery, equipment, and vehicle downtimes and maintenance schedules.
- On-call during winter season operating hours, where required.
- Practice safe work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Journeymen Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Experience working on Prinoth grooming machinery is required; Piston Bully grooming machinery is an asset.
- 3 or more years’ experience working on heavy duty machinery is preferred.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license, with air ticket is preferred.
- Knowledge of proper rigging procedures is preferred.
- WHMIS training is an asset.
- Welding ticket is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work shift work: days, afternoons, evenings, and nights.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Able to work in all weather conditions; including subzero temperatures.